How You Can Help
The CAC provides dignity and healing for children, families and individuals who face overwhelming challenges like child abuse and sexual trauma.
Support from members of our community is crucial in allowing us to continue to offering these services to children and families in Central Florida. Please consider making a donation in one of the ways listed below. Every gift is big enough to make an impact.
Here are some ways that you can invest in the lives of our vulnerable children:
Volunteer your time or talents
Donate needed items
Volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Caring for children while their parents/siblings are receiving therapy or other assessment services
- Clerical support
- Special events
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Volunteer Services at Arnold Palmer Hospital for more information.
“A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.”
Ways You Can Help
Donations are always welcome here at the CAC. Listed below are some WISH LIST items that would be most useful for the children that we serve. We request that all items be new.
- Toys and art supplies for therapy
- Children’s costumes (various sizes ~ no scary costumes please)
- Prince or princess outfits
- Occupational outfits (For example: Doctor, nurse, fireman, law enforcement, teacher, etc.)
- Multi-ethnic puppets, dolls or action figures
- Birthday or Christmas gifts (for all age groups)
- Snacks and healthy treats ~ individually wrapped
- Books for children of all ages
- Gift cards to Wal-Mart, Target or grocery stores
- Gas cards to help clients travel to therapy and other appointments related to their child’s abuse
- Bus passes
- Diapers and wipes
- Diaries or journals (that can be locked) for youth
- New small toys to be given to children who come in for medical and psychological assessments
- Boys and girls ages 3-17 (teen items could include nail polish, makeup, jewelry, headphones, games, books, athletic wear/equipment)
- Hygiene items (new only)
- Children’s underwear of all ages (new only)
- Art supplies (e.g. individual play-doh, paints, paint brushes, craft items)
- Training scholarships for staff
- Food for annual staff activities
- Food for partner activities (such as training conferences)
Ways to Give
Monetary contributions are also essential to providing services to abused and neglected children.
Making a donation online is secure, quick and simple. You can make a one-time gift or setup a recurring gift on a monthly or quarterly basis. Every gift is big enough to make an impact.
Donate by mail
To send your gift by mail, please download the Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families/Children’s Advocacy Center donation form below and send it. If you are paying with check, please include a check made payable to Children’s Advocacy Center at The Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families or credit card information.
Mail your gift to:
Children’s Advocacy Center at The Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families
601 W. Michigan St.
Orlando, Florida 32805
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”
– Frederick Douglass
A copy of the official registration and financial information for Orlando Health Foundation, a Florida-based nonprofit corporation (Registration No. CH577), may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free 1-800- Help-Fla (435-7352) within the state or visiting their website here. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.
All job postings for the Children’s Advocacy Center can be found on the Orlando Health website. The link is below and we are under Arnold Palmer Hospital: